If you’re missing teeth but can’t face multiple trips to the dentist for a replacement set, there may be a simple solution – read on to find out how Exeter Advanced Dentistry can give you a whole new set of teeth in a single day.
What is All-on-4/teeth in a day?
Traditional implant procedures can take six months or more to complete, with a long recovery time at each stage of the process. All-on-4 is a technique for replacing missing teeth that uses fewer implants than traditional methods. Whereas a full set of implants requires 8-10 implants per jaw, the All-on-4 technique uses just four. The procedure replaces a whole arch or both arches of missing teeth, with the implants and fixed bridge fitted all on the same day.
How does the fitting process work?
- During an initial consultation, your dentist here at Exeter Advanced Dentistry will examine your mouth and do a CT scan to assess your suitability for implants.
- If you are a suitable candidate, we will take dental impressions to create your new dental bridge. It will be designed to look and fit just like your natural teeth.
- On the day of surgery, we will extract any remaining teeth, place 4-6 implants in your jaw, and fit your new, custom-made teeth.
What are the advantages of All-on-4?
- Same-day treatment – After the initial planning process to assess whether this treatment is suitable for you, implants can be placed, and new teeth inserted on the same day, without the need for temporary dentures.
- Lower cost – Because there are fewer implants, the All-on-4 method is cheaper than traditional dental implant techniques.
- Natural look and feel – As with traditional implants, new teeth can be made to closely match the original teeth. Dental implants look and feel just like the real thing, so no one will be able to tell the difference.
- Fixed in place – Unlike dentures, which need to be removed for cleaning and must be replaced regularly (every 7 years on average) to avoid discomfort, All-on-4 implants are fixed in place. With careful brushing and flossing they will last for more than 10 years.
- No dietary restrictions – Because the implants act like natural teeth, there are few eating restrictions once you are healed. Many patients find this preferable to dentures, which mean cutting out hard or chewy foods.
For more information about All-on-4 dental implants, contact Exeter Advanced Dentistry today. We will be happy to discuss treatment options with you.