It may seem too good to be true, but if you have missing or failing teeth, you may be able to get a whole new set of fixed teeth in a single day. Read on to find out whether you may be a suitable candidate.
What are teeth in a day?
There are various techniques we can offer here at Exeter Advanced Dentistry for replacing missing teeth that use fewer implants than traditional methods – namely All-on-4, Zygomatic Implants, and Trefoil (colloquially known as ‘teeth in a day’). You can read more about the process here.
Should I consider teeth in a day?
You may wish to ask your dentist at Exeter Advanced Dentistry about teeth in a day if:
- You wear dentures that are loose or badly-fitting.
- You have loose or failing teeth and don’t like the thought of wearing dentures.
- You want dental implants but also want to keep fixed teeth throughout the treatment process.
- You are tired of being limited to eating only soft foods and want to expand your dietary options.
- You have a failing bridge from a previous procedure.
- You want to avoid bone grafting surgery.
- You are looking for a cost-effective alternative to traditional dental implants.
Am I eligible for teeth in a day?
Only your dentist will be able to assess whether you are a suitable candidate for one or a combination of these techniques, however most patients with missing teeth can undergo the procedure. Since the posterior implants are tilted 45 degrees, there is no need for bone grafting for most patients. This means that the treatment is suitable for patients with low bone volume. These techniques are ideal for people who:
- Need to replace all (or almost all) of their natural teeth.
- Are unable to have a bone graft due to health conditions such as diabetes or osteoporosis.
- Have low bone volume in their jaw.
How do I care for my new teeth?
Your prosthetic teeth will look and feel just like natural teeth – in fact no one will be able to tell the difference. Your implants will function naturally as soon as you leave the practice and you clean them the same way you would take care of your real teeth. After surgery your dentist may ask you to return for check-ups to make sure everything is in order, but you will not need any additional follow-up treatments.
For more information about these dental implant techniques, contact Exeter Advanced Dentistry today. We will be happy to discuss treatment options with you. Further information can also be found on our website.