Ever wondered how celebrities have such perfect teeth? Many of them have had a little cosmetic help from their dentist. One of the ever-popular cosmetic treatments among Hollywood stars is the fitting of veneers, which dramatically improve the appearance of the front teeth and produce a dazzling new smile. Read on to find out whether veneers might be right for you.
What are veneers?
Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain that are carefully shaped in a laboratory before being bonded to the front of the tooth with special dental adhesive. A small amount of enamel is usually removed from the surface of the tooth before the veneers are fitted to enable them to bond.
When are veneers recommended?
Veneers are an ideal solution for anyone who wants to:
- Disguise discolouration.
- Cover and protect worn or chipped teeth.
- Close gaps in teeth or fix problems with overcrowding.
- Improve the appearance of low or uneven gum lines.
What are some advantages of veneers?
- Long-lasting results – When properly cared for, veneers can last for 10-15 years. They are made from a strong and durable material that enable you to continue eating all your favourite foods without concerns about chipping or breaking.
- Natural–looking – Unless you are looking for a complete Hollywood-style makeover, porcelain veneers can be made to closely match your existing teeth. They are extremely thin, and provide a very natural appearance.
- Quick and simple procedure – Veneers produce dramatic, almost instant improvements in your smile. Your dentist at Exeter Advanced Dentistry will conduct a thorough assessment to ensure you are fully informed about the procedure before starting treatment.
- Can be combined with other treatments – You can combine veneers with a number of other dental treatments, including crowns, implants, bridges, and cosmetic treatments such as tooth whitening.
- Stain-resistant – Unlike natural teeth, porcelain veneers are resistant to the staining effects of coffee, tea, red wine, and smoking. This makes them easy to keep clean and sparkling white.
Which celebrities have veneers?
Since veneers are indistinguishable from natural teeth, it can be difficult to tell which Hollywood stars have them. Tom Cruise, Miley Cyrus, Demi Moore, Cheryl Cole, and Zac Efron are just a few celebrities rumoured to have benefited from this treatment.
For more information about porcelain veneers, contact Exeter Advanced Dentistry today. We’ll be happy to make you an appointment.